Head of HR
Competitive salary plus generous benefits
DRS is a specialist provider of electronic marking solutions for educational institutions and awarding bodies both in the UK and internationally. Established in 1969 as a data capture bureau, DRS later expanded its printing and scanning services to include the design and manufacture of Optical Mark Recognition scanners.
Recently acquired by AQA, DRS has a continued commitment to delivering large-scale solutions for examination processing and electronic marking and a clear goal of becoming the market leader in the provision of e-Assessment solutions.
We are recruiting a Head of HR to lead and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services for the company including recruitment, employee relations, learning and development, pay and benefits, reward and recognition, performance management and employee engagement.
As a highly experienced HR professional, you will join the senior leadership team and be responsible for shaping and delivering the organisation’s Talent Management Strategy.
The role will have both strategic and operational responsibilities, providing expert advice and supporting all HR matters.
What we're looking for:
- gravitas and credibility; ability to gain early acceptance in and to operate effectively with the Senior Leadership Team
- willingness to undertake day to day transactional HR activities
- delivery focused in ambiguity and ability to deliver in a maturing business model; acting with autonomy to develop effective solutions where broader frameworks might not be in place or be under development
- a track record of developing focused people strategies and solutions across a diverse workforce strategy
- strategic HR skills gained through effective partnering in an organisation facing change, including an effective influencing and coaching style to achieve stakeholder buy-in to both Business and Talent strategy
- passion for great service - both internal and external
- experience of working in a diverse team of characters and be fun, friendly and outgoing!
- CIPD qualified with previous experience of a HR business partnering or advisory role in an organisation that has seen major change and transformation.
What you can expect from us:
The journey for DRS provides a fantastic opportunity for you to make a personal impact on the change and transformation agenda. You will participate in and contribute to strategic and organisation wide projects that will shape the future of DRS.
At DRS we recognise the contribution our employees make. In return, we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefits package. This includes:
- 24 days paid annual leave per year, excluding bank holidays, increasing up to a maximum of 27 days with service. Option of additional Flex days off which increases with service to a maximum of 10 days per year
- A flex working system which allows a great work life balance
- A contributory pension scheme
- Free pension consultancy advice
- Free Group life assurance
- Free permanent health insurance (qualifying terms apply)
- Sickness Benefits scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Free car parking at all sites
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Regular social events and sports club activities
Closing date for applications: 09:00 Monday 24th April 2017.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
No agencies, thank you.
DRS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Senior Software Developer
As a technology driven company, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer with extensive experience in the .NET stack.
In this role you will be responsible for architecting, developing, building, and supporting reliable solutions that achieve DRS’ business objectives. You will be working within a team and engaging cooperatively with peers and mentor other department members.
If you can demonstrate expert-level proficiency in Microsoft's .NET Framework, Visual Studio (C#) and SQL Server, with experience of unit testing with NUnit, we would like to hear from you. Knowledge of SSRS and WCF / WPF and experience of working in an Agile environment would also be desirable.
We are going through an exciting period of change and we are eager to hire a passionate and technology savvy individual who can help us drive our brand forward.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience required for this role and you are ready to embark on a journey with us, we would like to hear from you.