The PhotoScribe® PS970 Series is an ideal hardware solution for OMR projects. This is because the OMR is carried out within the scanner firmware allowing a superior control when determining:
- "eraser discrimination" - where a candidate has rubbed out a response
- “minimum mark discrimination” - where the candidate has made light/small marks
The PS970 scanner intelligently counts light marks or small marks. Unlike other scanners that provide a basic "blob detection", the PS970 excels at reducing manual effort dealing with multi-marks or missing marks.
Attendance and Registration - OMR Solutions
- DRS provides a wide range of specially designed attendance and registration stock or bespoke forms for schools, colleges, universities and adult education establishments that are fully optimised for automated data capture
- DRS Optical Mark Readers are used to automatically capture the data from the forms and transfer it automatically into your educational establishment MIS, eradicating the need for manual data input
- a mark is simply made by the teacher or lecturer on a form as to whether a student is present or absent, the form is fed through a scanner and the data is automatically recorded into the MIS
OMR is the most cost-effective and accurate way to collect simple category information from forms in high volume or time critical environments.