DRS Data Services Limited products are covered by the WEEE directive, regulating recycling of electrical or electronic equipment (WEEE).
In this page you can find all the information you need about recycling electrical or electronic equipment.
All Electronic and Electrical Equipment (EEE) placed onto the market from 13th August 2005 must be marked with the strike through wastepaper basket symbol to indicate that it is covered by the WEEE Directive, the provisions of which require that producers or manufacturers of EEE become liable to pay for take-back treatment and recycling of end-of-life equipment (WEEE).
The production of electrical and electronic equipment is one of the fastest growing domains of manufacturing in the western world, and with broad consumer take-up of products in this area, there is also a mounting issue of waste. In June 2000, the European Commission put forward proposals to address this issue, and in December 2002, these were passed as the EU Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) Directive. Such proposals were updated in the WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU.
For the UK, the WEEE Regulations were laid before Parliament on December 12, 2006. The main requirements and obligations on producers and distributors of Electronic and Electrical Equipment (EEE) came into effect from July 1, 2007.
The major provisions of the WEEE Directive are:
- all manufacturers (or anyone else selling a product on the market in the EU) are liable to pay for take-back, treatment and recycling of end-of-life equipment
- improve re-use/recycling of WEEE
- ensure the separate collection of WEEE
- inform the public about their role in dealing with WEEE
As a producer DRS Data Services Limited must offer to facilitate the take-back of WEEE from UK customers and has decided to fulfil its obligations in this area by allowing customers to return WEEE to us.
If you want to make use of the WEEE return service, please follow the instructions below:
- call our customer service desk on 01908 355115 and have the serial number of the product you wish to have recycled to hand
- alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and product serial number
- if your product was produced after 13th August 2005 we will arrange collection and ensure the product is recycled in an environmentally friendly manner